write for the directors club showcase at southwark playhouse
We've all got questions...what are yours?
The Director's Club are looking for 5-7 minute short plays, monologues or duologues that ask questions, or stimulate and provoke the audience to ask a question within themselves. Please read below for guidelines:
- Plays must be 5-7 minutes in length
- Monologues, duologues or short plays with no more than 4 characters
- The story and/or characters must ask a question (the question does not necessarily need to be said and there may be more than one question in the story)
- We encourage writers to 'think outside of the box'
- We like twists (but this isn't essential)
- We look for a selection of comical pieces and drama, and stories that move our audiences.
We are inviting our audience to step into the unknown, to come to a play they know nothing about...so what is it we would like to share with them? Why these questions? How might it make our audience think or reflect? How might it move them? How might it make them feel?
DEADLINE: 12pm (midday) Sunday 15th July. Please send in PDF format to email@example.com We will be reading submissions as they come in.
? takes places on Sunday 5th August at 7pm at Southwark Playhouse.
For more information on the show click HERE
JOIN THE WRITERS CLUB
If you are interested in joining The Writers Club, the unique club for playwrights, offering many opportunities and connections with directors and actors, check out all the benefits of being a club member and how to apply here!
JOIN OUR WRITERS DATABASE
Director's Cut is always looking to connect with new and established writers. We have a database of writers that we contact to inform of upcoming opportunities. If you are a writer and would like to be kept up to date, please join our writers database by completing the below form.